Tuesday 13 March 2012

a look into seaside decor

I’ve never really been a fan of beach / seaside décor, but after collating photos on Pinterest, I find myself drawn to the qualities of how beach homes are decorated – casual, laid-back and elegant. Nautical has never been my thing, nor knick-knacks made of seashells and corrals, so I think this style, sans these two elements would be more appealing to me.


This is pretty though. Source


One thing in particular that I am drawn to is the palette of greens, blue, sandy whites and driftwood greys. 
I have always loved rooms that look casual and effortlessly pretty with nothing too precious to touch. 

Via Decor de Provence
You don't need to worry about the kids ruining your furniture. 


Pinterest
Slipcovers are also useful - just whip them off to the laundry whenever they get dirty. 


Eclectic Revisited
I love the use of linens, seagrass rugs, the wooden driftwood table and coral as decoration. The palette of natural neutral hues is beautiful. 


Velvet & Linen
Of course, I couldn't resist putting up this picture again. The perfect palette with a casual, beachy feel to it! 


Eclectic Revisited
This breakfast nook is gorgeous too. The painting of the ocean is reflecting the view from the window across, I would guess. 


Eclectic Revisited
The adjacent kitchen with the ocean blue backsplash tiles is gorgeous. I love the stone floors too. 


via Kitchen Design Photos
This kitchen is beautiful too.


Lets see what a beach-themed bathroom would look like.
via By the Sea
via Delight by Design

And finally, a beach-themed bedroom to retreat to. 


via SW Design



Do you like the beach look? I love the elements of casual and elegance that it brings!


2 comments:

  1. As i can see, u really like white color. Me too! And i really love your post about breakfast nook =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, anonymous! Yes, I do love white! But it may not be very practical for me as I have a young son, so I have to make compromises here and there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...