Saturday 16 June 2012

desk dilemma

Hey there, it's been so long since I last wrote! More than 3 weeks, I think. Life has been rather hectic for the past few weeks with family weddings, a huge launch that my department had to prepare for (yes, I have a 9 to 6 job. I wish my job was just decorating and blogging all day, but that will have to wait for now).

Anyways... now that life has gone back to normal again, I thought I'd just catch up with a short post of what's on my mind right now.

I'm supposed to be decorating my brother's room and he has this desk in there that looks like this.


I have been contemplating on painting this little desk - but what colour?

I'm really liking the blues on these wood pieces...

via Polish & Patina
I really like the worn look of the two chests flanking the door. I'm seeing this worn chalky blue almost everywhere...

via Roses and Rust
A Swedish chest of drawers is stained in blue. Isn't it pretty?

via Desde My Ventana
The bright chalky blue of the buffet table stands out in this neutral dining area.

Tim Clarke
And I adore the blue cabinet in the photo above.

Or maybe we should paint it chalky white like this Swedish desk in the photo below?

a Swedish white desk from Tone on Tone

Any ideas?

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Amnah! Been a while!! I can totally see your brother's desk painted...would look great. And, better with more use. Thanks for the mention :-)
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome! I love visiting your shop... even if it is only online!

      Delete
  2. i love the swedish desk. wonder where i could get one :)

    love visiting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reen! I love the desk, too! An antique is rather hard to find here. I wish I had more time to search for them!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...