Saturday 24 September 2011

My Houzz

I've recently discovered Houzz, a cool website where you can keep a virtual scrapbook of inspiring photos of rooms that you can grab and save from their collection. The photos are constantly updated by interior designers, homeowners and manufacturers. Check it out here.

The only downside of the site is that your Ideabook is limited to photos uploaded in their website. I can't seem to be able to keep photos I find outside the website - but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've created a gadget in my blog so readers can view my Ideabook. After going through my Ideabook myself, only then did I realise what my preferences are. There are a lot of beautiful photos of rooms in their library, but I tend to gravitate towords rooms with fresh pops of colours, blues, greys, clean lines with a modern-contemporary vibe.

Below are some of the photos of the rooms I've collected so far in my Ideabook if you were to click on it right now.

The below bedroom is so pretty and comfy-looking.  The throw on the bed give's the room it's warmth among the cool colours. Oh, I love the dark blue lamp reflected in the large mirror leaning casually against the wall.

contemporary bedroom design by san francisco Urrutia Design

Love the dark floors and the muted tones of this house. The painting on the wall adds some accent colour to the room.


Leslie Kalish contemporary bedroom
contemporary bedroom design

The gilded mirror against the rich colours of the wall is gorgeous.
huntley & co. | Spirited Refinement asian dining room
asian dining room design by dc metro interior designer huntley & co

I grabbed this photo below because the dining table and the chairs look rather similar to the one I have in my apartment. So this can be my inspiration of how I could decorate the dining room in our next home. 

Dining Room contemporary dining room
contemporary dining room design by minneapolis architect Charlie Simmons - Charlie & Co. Design

Don't you just love this room? Looks so sophisticated. I love the lighting and the pink accent colours. The funky blue armchairs also bring character to this otherwise neutral room.
Bergen Street Residence contemporary living room
contemporary living room design by new york architect Coburn Architecture and Interiors

 The photo below is inspiration of what can be done to the study room of a house.
Home Library contemporary living room
contemporary living room design by other metros kitchen and bath Tanner Vine - 2Go Custom Kitchens Inc

Let's move on to kitchen! I'm obsessed with this kitchen. I've probably downloaded all the pictures they've uploaded of it. The two tones just look so elegant and stylish.
Divine Kitchens LLC contemporary kitchen
contemporary kitchen design by boston kitchen and bath Divine Kitchens LLC

I was trying to figure out where the handles for the cabinet doors were. So when I saw this picture, I figured it's the push-open kind of door. The fact that they don't have handles makes the whole kitchen look so cool. The only problem is, you have to make sure your hands are clean each time you open them!

Divine Kitchens LLC contemporary kitchen
contemporary kitchen design by boston kitchen and bath Divine Kitchens LLC

See, I'm obsessed.  I even grabbed a picture of it's dustbin. It's actually the recycling bin. A bit small though. I guess the owner of this kitchen doesn't cook that much.


Divine Kitchens LLC contemporary kitchen
South Shore Residence contemporary bathroom
contemporary bathroom design by new york interior designer AMI Designs

There weren't many photos of pretty bathrooms, but this particular one caught my eye. It's very modern-contemporary, but with the weave baskets and white towels nestled prettily beneath the sink, it adds a lot of warmth and texture to its otherwise clinical feel. 


Check out the generous shower area. Nice, huh. Love the window. 
 
South Shore Residence contemporary bathroom
contemporary bathroom design by new york interior designer AMI Designs

This room caught my eye because of the parquet floor.


Brooklyn Row House eclectic living room
eclectic living room design by new york Office of Architecture

I always felt that parquet was a bit out of date, but it obviously works in this room. The warm-gold and matte finish keeps it up to date and stylish. 

So there you have it. Some of the photos in my Ideabook. I would definitely recommend you to create your own Ideabook if you can't seem to figure out what it is that you actually like. I'm looking forward to download more rooms in mine. 

Note of warning - Houzz is highly addictive.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...